A Little History…
The Golf Course was built on farm land and pecan groves back in 1957, for the modest price of $12,000.00. The course was designed by Eddie Riccoboni, the Head Golf Professional at the Sunset Club in Sumter, SC in 1957. The inspiration of Riccoboni, along with the 12 other founders, brought the community together to put the course on the map. It took dedication, hard work and community involvement to foster the labor it needed to lay down the original greens. Farm equipment was donated by J. M. Russell, Jr., and L. M. Murray; and a friendly competition amongst equals arose to see who could cultivate the fastest greens. A lake was included in the center of the grounds to enable the proper watering of every tee and green. By 1962, the Holly Hill Country Club went from 12 pioneers
with dreams of building a small town golf course, to a beautiful country club, including a club house, pool and tennis facilities, and an overwhelming response of 140 members.